Python is slow

Jan Claeys usenet at janc.be
Fri Jun 6 16:59:47 EDT 2008

Op Fri, 23 May 2008 14:00:33 -0700, schreef bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com:

> Now this I can tell is false. The problem is not that it's difficult to
> "make a native compiler for" dynamic languages, the problem is that it's
> difficult to write native compiler for dynamic languages that generates
> code that beats the VM/byte-code interpreter/whatever you name it to be
> wotrh the effort.

Well, it would be much easier if there would be hardware that was
designed for object oriented & dynamic programming...  ;-)

(Most current hardware is designed for use with C & similar languages, or
sometimes for massively parrallel computing (e.g. GPUs), but the last
tries to design hardware to fit something like Python date back to the
1980s AFAIK...)

--
JanC