Komodo Edit newbie Q

John Dann news at prodata.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 05:09:09 EDT 2008

I'm learning Python using the Komodo Edit freeware code editor. One
thing I'm finding a little confusing is that the code completion lists
(what I would call Intellisense coming from a .Net background) are
often very incomplete, especially with imported classes like wx. It's
like KE can't look far enough into these classes to offer a
comprehensive list of method etc options.

I presume that I haven't possibly omitted some KE setup step that
would give more detail to the code completion?

If not then maybe this is just a limitation of the KE freeware
(because it's free?). Does anyone know if say Komodo IDE offers more
in the way of code completion (I know that it offers more things in
the way of debugging etc, but it's code completion specifically that
I'm asking about here). Or is one of the other Python IDEs maybe more
capable when it comes to code completion?