Python parsing iTunes XML/COM

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Jul 31 13:59:39 EDT 2008

william tanksley wrote:
> I didn't
> pass a string. I passed a file. It didn't error out; instead, it
> produced bytestring-encoded output (not Unicode).

>From my experience (and from the source code I have seen so far), ElementTree
does not return UTF-8 encoded strings at the API level. Can you produce any
evidence for your claims? Some code and an XML file that together produce the
result you are talking about? From what you have written so far, it seems far
more likely to me that your code is messed up than that you found a bug in
ElementTree.

Stefan