need ldap windows binary and/or installation help

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Jul 15 13:01:25 EDT 2008

Sells, Fred wrote:
> I'm running python 2.5 (or 2.4) in an XP environment.
>

> I downloaded and installed the .dll's from OpenLDAP-2.4.8+OpenSSL-0.9.8g-Win32.zip and copied the .dll's in c:/windows/system32 as instructed
>
> now I get this error.  Is there anyway to avoid building the python_ldap binaries?  Apart from being lazy, I've got a secure system policy issue if I start compiling apps.  I could give up and just start running in linux, but my xp environment is much friendlier to develop in.  I've googled a lot, but all the links I've found talk to Unix or to compiling from source.

Disclaimer. I know nothing about python-ldap. I simply
Googled for it and came to:

   http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/download.shtml

which led me to

   http://www.osuch.org/python-ldap

from which I downloaded and ran the .msi

   http://www.osuch.org/python-ldap-2.3.5.win32-py2.5.msi

and Bob was at that point my uncle.

Was there some obstacle to your doing this? (It wasn't
clear whether some policy required you to compile from
source).

TJG