detection of unplugged cable

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:40:06 EDT 2008

Ok here is the exact problem. I have both S-Video, HDMI and VGA out at
my machine. I tried to clone the LCD display to HDMI out but it worked
only when i disable the LCD and send the display to HDMI.  So when the
HDMI cable is unplugged i want to revert the process and enable the
LCD. I need to detect this signal or whatever it is.

I tried with xrandr by thinking that when i used the --output LMDS
--off i will see "LMDS disconnect" at the output but it was not true.
So i should find a better way. Any idea?

I am using Ubuntu Hardy with an Intel VGA card.

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe