scanf in python

AMD amdescombes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:00:38 EDT 2008

> AMD wrote:
>
>> I had seen this pure python implementation, but it is not as fast or
>> as elegant as would be an implementation written in C directly within
>> python with no need for import.
>
> maybe you should wait with disparaging comments about how Python is not
> what you want it to be until you've learned the language?
>
> </F>

Hello Fredrik,

I didn't think my comment would offend anyone, I'm sorry if it did. I
have been developping in Python for about 5 years, my company uses
Python as a scripting language for all of its products. We use Jython
for our server products. I think I know it pretty well by now. So I
think I have earned the right to try to suggest improvements to the
language or at least intelligent discussion of new features without need
for offensive comments, don't you think?

André