software engineering foundations?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jul 22 16:41:56 EDT 2008

Paddy wrote:

> This course is an intensive introduction to basic software development
> practices for scientists and engineers that can reduce the time they
> spend programming by 20-25%.

Judging from the table of contents and a quick sampling of a few
lectures, that's mostly about programming (with a strong Python
flavour), and the material about the engineering process is pretty
simplistic, I'd say.  On the other hand, the bibliography does have the
following to say about the book I recommended:

     In short, it is everything I wished someone had told me before
     I started my first full-time programming job.

so I guess it's not all that bad ;-)

</F>