About wmi

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Jul 15 12:24:37 EDT 2008

patrol wrote:
> Situation (1):
>     result = new_process.terminate()
> TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

I'm not sure exactly what's causing that
particular effect, but I would suggest that
you call the method as .Terminate (note the
initial capital). On my box, calling .terminate
simply raises an AttributeError as expected,
but I do remember encountering the situation
you're describing in some situation which
now escapes me.

At any rate, try using:

result, = new_process.Terminate ()

and note that the return value is a tuple,
not a single number. The code will work either
way, but in your case "result" will be a tuple
of length one; in mine, result will be a number.

TJG