Can't get Python for Windows to run

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jul 4 16:49:58 EDT 2008

> Is it worth flagging as an issue somewhere the fact that the pywin
> installer assumes a particular structure for the start menu

No. This is the first time in several years that this was reported,
and chances that this gets fixed in the upcoming years are very low,
unless a patch gets contributed. (IOW, I couldn't care less about
implementing it myself, and find installers annoying that ask too
many questions).

In any case, try installing with

msiexec /i <pyxy.msi> 'ProgramMenuFolder=C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\StartMenu\Programs\Programming'

or some such.

Regards,
Martin