How to package a logging.config file?

Younger Wang Younger.Wang at packetfront.com
Mon Jul 14 12:11:20 EDT 2008

I had the similar question and my solution is:

default_config = os.path.join(os.getcwd(), "log.config")

def get_logger(name, config_file=None):
    if config_file:
        logging.config.fileConfig(config_file)
    else:
        logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO,
                            format='%(levelname)s %(module)s:%(lineno)d:
%(message)s')

    return logging.getLogger(name)

I had to make this helper function because calling logging.getLogger
will fail in an exception without configuring logging module. I wish it
is not like that.

BR
Younger Wang