Generating list of possible configurations

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 3 15:52:16 EDT 2008

Mensanator wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2:13�am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:
>> Terry Reedy a �crit :

>>> This has been added to itertools at least for 2.6/3.0
>> Great !
>
> Well, it will be great at some point in the future
> when Python 2.6/3.0 have actually been released and

The betas 'have actually been released' and I am happily using 3.0.  The
core features that I care about have mostly been untouched and where
they have, they work.

> third party extensions such as gmpy have caught up.

Not my personal concern.  And certainly not a direct concern for nearly
all uses of itertools.product.

> Until then, such solutions are worthless, i.e., of no value.

Why are you so anxious to generalize your personal negative views to
everyone else.  Worthless to you, worthwhile to me.  And for someone who
does not need cross-products today or in the next few months,
potentially valuable information for when the final releases do arrive,
maybe in September.

tjr