Where is the documentation for psycopg2?

Matthew Woodcraft mattheww at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 15:30:11 EDT 2008

kj  <socyl at 987jk.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi.  I can't find any documentation for psycopg2.
>
> I'm a noob, so I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place...
>
> Anybody know where it is?

For basic use, psycopg2 follows the dbapi, which is described in
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

Additional features are described in doc/extensions.rst in the psycopg2
tarball.

This leaves a gap for documentation of the basic features which the
dbapi doesn't nail down (in particular, connecting to a database in the
first place). I don't think there is any proper documentation covering
this, but the scripts in examples/ (particularly simple.py) should make
it reasonably clear.

-M-