Best Python packages?

Python Nutter pythonnutter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 23:54:08 EDT 2008

I think the hidden gems in multimedia/game production are Pyglet and
Rabbyt. Whereas PyGame is the older api, its large and bloated and has
of course a heavy dependency on SDL. Pyglet and Rabbyt are
lightweight, efficient, have some amazing functions and hit native
OpenGL in all the major OS distributions and Bruce The Presentation
Tool utilizes the former to take on MS PowerPoint to show what you can
do besides games =)

Pyglet: http://pyglet.org/
Rabbyt: http://matthewmarshall.org/projects/rabbyt/
Bruce The Presentation Tool: http://code.google.com/p/bruce-tpt/