How to serialize and deserialize the objects into memory?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jul 11 19:43:03 EDT 2008

Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> writes:

> You want to serialize the objects, but only keep them in memory?
> That hardly makes any sense. Serialization is need if you want to
> store your objects in a file or if you want to communicate (via
> network) with other processes.

If one needs to do further processing on the serialised stream before
storing or transporting it, one needs to handle it in memory.

Fortunately (as pointed out elsewhere in this thread) the pickle
module provides for this.

--
 \       “I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and |
  `\     despise the groups they identify with and belong to.” —George |