Missing sqlite3.h Error when Building Debug Python -- Windows Vista

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Jul 20 11:36:25 EDT 2008

Bev in TX wrote:
> I am a complete newbie at building Python.  I am trying to build it
> under MS Windows Vista (64-bit AMD) with MS VS2005.  I'm doing that
> because I need debug libraries, which I did not see in the standard
> distribution.

I'll leave others to comment on whether or not
it's expected to build with VS2005, but the easiest
way to get a debug build is to pretend to be a buildbot.

1) Check out the python source into, say, c:\dev\python

svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk c:\dev\python

2) Switch to that directory

cd \dev\python

3) Pretend to be a buildbot

tools\buildbot\build

This will checkout all the necessary sources into, in my
example, c:\dev. It will then run all the build steps
necessary to get a debug build which will then be in

c:\dev\python\pcbuild\python_d.exe

TJG