Python internals question

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 16 02:47:53 EDT 2008

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> Please have a look at
> http://rg03.wordpress.com/2007/04/21/semantics-of-python-variable-names-from-a-c-perspective/

Helmut,

I found the second reference (the one above) very useful thank you.
Most other respondents to my original question did not seem to
understand what I was asking or didn't read the question and simply
proceeded to re-state what I had quoted from Beazley - well I understood
what he was saying, I simply wanted to find out how Python did it at a
lower level.  Your reference answered the question ;-)

Thanks,
Peter
--
Peter Anderson

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things -- Niccolo Machiavelli, The
Prince, ch. 6