Instance Names

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:05:31 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 14:20 -0500, Larry Bates wrote:

> I suspect there is some "misunderstanding" here.  Why exactly do you think you
> need to have your instances named with [] characters in them?

I often misunderstand.  :-)

But, I am implementing specifications in Python that are already
implemented in other languages.

http://www.openehr.org/releases/1.0.1/roadmap.html

These specifications say that an archetype node id consists of
identifiers like [at0000] and [at0001].  Now these are valid URIs and
the associated query language (AQL) used by other services will send
queries with those characters in them.

For example:
FROM EHR [ehr_id/value=$ehrUid] CONTAINS COMPOSITION
[openEHR-EHR-COMPOSITION.encounter.v1]
CONTAINS OBSERVATION obs [openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.blood_pressure.v1]
WHERE
obs/data[at0001]/events[at0006]/data[at0003]/items[at0004]/value/value
>= 140

Since I am also using Zope3 it would be easier on me to name the
instances with those characters.

But my fall back is to set at0000.__name__='[at0000]' and manipulate the
query to match __name__ instead of the actual instance ID.

Thoughts?

--Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services