Requires a character ... !!

Ulrich Eckhardt eckhardt at satorlaser.com
Thu Jul 24 05:23:02 EDT 2008

karthikbalaguru wrote:
> [root at localhost hello]# Analyzer hello_input
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is often a bad idea. Anyhow, that has nothing to do with Python.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/SDK/host/bin/Analyzer", line 694, in ?
> app.dbg.readObjectInfo(elf)
>   File "/usr/local/SDK/host/bin/debugprocessor.py", line 427, in
> readObjectInfo
>      self.privateProcessorDwarfTree.readProcessorDwarfTree(filename)
>   File "/usr/local/SDK/bin/debugprocessor.py", line 314, in
> readDwarfTree
>     if "DW_OP_reg" in value:
> TypeError: 'in <string>' requires character as left operand
>
> Is this related with the version conflicts ?

Which version conflict? Sorry, but my crystal ball is getting a new polish
today, so I can't see the actual code that causes the error. I suggest that
you reduce your code to the smallest possible piece of code that still
shows the error and post it here, otherwise nobody will be able to help
you.

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH