VNC capture in python

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:30:27 EDT 2008

On Jul 6, 11:12 pm, Astan Chee <st... at al.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if I can do a capture of a VNC screen in python. Kinda
> like this http://search.cpan.org/~lbrocard/Net-VNC-0.35/lib/Net/VNC.pm
> but without opening a VNC window or doing a screen capture.
> Thanks for any suggestions
>
> --
> "Formulations of number theory: Complete, Consistent, Non-trivial. Choose two."
>
> Animal Logichttp://www.animallogic.com

How can you do a screen capture without doing a screen capture? You'll
probably have to use some kind of automation techniques, SendKeys, and/
or the subprocess module. If you can find a VNC program that has a COM
interface, then you may be able to use Python's win32com module, which
is a part of the win32 package.

Mike