screencapture with PIL question

Casey Caseyweb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 12:18:35 EDT 2008

On Jul 14, 11:11 am, greg <gregv... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am able to use the PIL module to capture a screen or specific
> window.  My problem is when capturing a window (on windows XP) I can
> only capture the "visible" portion of the window.  Is there any way to
> capture the entire window?  specifically the scrolled portion of a
> window that is not visible on the screen.
>
> Thanks for any help.

You might want to check out
http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/WorkingWithImages#head-e962ac20ad55c25bc069523cd7e0246068110233
.
wxPython supports different types of device contexts including
wx.ClientDC (the client area of a window), wx.WindowDC (a specific
window), and wx.ScreenDC (anywhere or everywhere on the underlying
screen).