Gracefull application exit.

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jul 24 18:43:55 EDT 2008

On 24Jul2008 17:30, Robert Rawlins <robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk> wrote:
| > but mind the caveats:
|
| Thanks Tim, the main caveat which worries me is the fact that it doesn't get
| called when being killed by SIGTERM. When I look at implementing the
| application as Daemon will cause complications.
| The implementation looks nice and is certainly the way I would like to go,
| but unless it'll work when killed by sigterm it likely won't be for me.

If you catch SIGTERM with the signal module and call sys.exit() they
should fire.

This all gets harder with threads.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

We _like_ the starter!  Wouldn't have it any other way.  If it doesn't grind,
take it back to the dealer and make them fix it!
        - Jon N. Steiger, DoD#1038, <stei0302 at mary.cs.fredonia.edu>