QOTW [was Re: Attack a sacred Python Cow]

castironpi castironpi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:23:23 EDT 2008

On Jul 28, 9:07 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:42:37 -0700, Russ P. wrote:
> >> +1 QOTW
>
> > Do you realize what an insult that is to everyone else who has posted
> > here in the past week?
>
> Actually I don't. I hadn't realised that when a person believes that
> somebody has made an especially clever, witty, insightful or fun remark,
> that's actually a put-down of all the other people whose remarks weren't
> quite as clever, witty, insightful or fun.
>
> But now that I've had this pointed out to me, why, I see insults
> everywhere! Tonight, my wife said to me that she liked my new shirt, so I
> replied "What's the matter, you think my trousers are ugly?"
>
> --
> Steven

No insult was intended.  The writer stated that where Java minimizes
bad, Python maximizes good.  This is a non-trivial truth, and a non-
trivial observation.  Also, clever.  I agreed and said so, and
compliments go a long way.  Do you?

> everywhere! Tonight, my wife said to me that she liked my new shirt, so I
> replied "What's the matter, you think my trousers are ugly?"

Arf, arf.

--
For my special power, I want immunity to insults.