Why is there no GUI-tools like this for Windows?

Martin Walsh mwalsh at groktech.org
Mon Jul 14 02:21:19 EDT 2008

maestro wrote:
> I can just do the layout with my mouse and then there is a program
> that writes the code for me.
> GUI-programming is hard for no reason. One good program then forever
> easy...
>
> Is there not something like this for Python/Windows? Is the Linux one
> only for ruby or for any language?

I only watched a small part of the video so I'm making some assumptions
about it's content. But there is nothing preventing you from using the
same(/similar) toolchain on windows, which I believe would include
python, pygtk, the gtk+ runtime, and glade -- last I checked all have
windows binary distributions.

To quote the glade website
"""
The user interfaces designed in Glade are saved as XML, and by using the
libglade library these can be loaded by applications dynamically as needed.

By using libglade, Glade XML files can be used in numerous programming
languages including C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, C#, Pike, Ruby, Haskell,
Objective Caml and Scheme. Adding support for other languages is easy too.
"""

HTH,
Marty