Local User Control

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Jul 10 11:58:57 EDT 2008

Sparky wrote:
> I don't know how feasible this is, but is it possible to have users
> log in to access a local database file in such a way that allows the
> program to know what user name and password they logged in with? This
> would involve separate user names and passwords for each user.

Well, this is a question which is crying out for some
context. Are you talking about an existing database
on an existing platform? If so, which one? Are you
talking about a database youo're thinking of building?
If so, the answer's probably yes but only you can
know. Are you talking about something else altogether?

TJG