About wmi

patrol sunp1028 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:52:53 EDT 2008

On 7月17日, 上午12时16分, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> Assuming that the error comes back in the sys.stdout encoding, the following version *should* work ok. I still haven't got a non-English set up to test it on, but it certainly does return a Unicode error message.
>
> http://timgolden.me.uk/wmi-project/wmi.py
>
> The usual test case, if you wouldn't mind:
>
> <code>
> import wmi
>
> wmi.WMI ("non-existent computer")
>
> </code>
>
> should give a (language-specific) error message, not an UnicodeDecodeError
>
> TJG
>>> import wmi
>>> wmi.WMI('non-existent computer')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python25\lib\wmi.py", line 1199, in connect
    handle_com_error (error_info)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\wmi.py", line 184, in handle_com_error
    exception_string = [u"%s - %s" % (hex (hresult_code),
hresult_name)]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xb7 in position
4: ordinal
not in range(128)
yup,error_info contains the Chinese encoded string. All of the Simple
Chinese Windows use the CP936.Every Chinese word utilizes two
bytes.Maybe you can fix this bug by modifying  handle_com_error.

Patrol