sage vs enthought for sci computing

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:03:28 EDT 2008

2008/7/8 three3q <three3q at arcor.de>:
> Hi,
>
>>> If my goal
>>> is to replace matlab (we do signal processing and stats on
>>> physiological data, with a lot of visualization), would sage or
>>> enthought get me going quicker?
> Pylab.

Not a good idea, as pylab will be replaced by pyplot which only
contains plot commands. The remaining will be left to numpy, and pylab
does not have the same functions as numpy.

My answer would be like Stuart's: a mix of Python, numpy, scipy and
whatever scikit or additional numpy module I need, with ipython.
That's if I want to do scientific computation.

Matthieu
--
French PhD student