No Exceptions

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Tue Jul 8 11:32:09 EDT 2008

Robert Rawlins wrote:

> Morning Guys,
>
> This morning I’ve been having a strange issue where my application
> doesn’t appear to raise any exceptions. Even when manually placing
> code in the application which raises an exception explicitly like:
>
> Raise Exception, “This is a test exception”
>
> The application doesn’t appear to throw it, it will fail to execute
> any code in the block following the exception but does not throw any
> exceptions to the command prompt.
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this? I’ve just sent another support
> request to this list about logging configuration, could the two issues
> be related?

Perhaps somewhere (at a high level in your code) you have a bare except,
something like this:

if __name__ == '__main__':
try:
RunApp()
except:
pass

I doubt it would be quite *that* obvious, but since such a thing would
cause the symptoms you are describing, I'd suggest looking carefully
throughout the code.

Gary Herron