Determining when a file has finished copying

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jul 9 21:44:12 EDT 2008

On 09Jul2008 15:54, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> The solution my team has used is to monitor the file size.  If the file
> has stopped growing for x amount of time (we use 45 seconds) the file is
> done copying.  Not elegant, but it works.

If you know that files appear in sequence (a single serial upload
process, not multiple uploaders) you can augument this with a check
that an additional file has started to upload, ergo the current file
has finished. Of course, only you can decide if this might be relied upon.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/