Attack a sacred Python Cow

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 24 10:08:15 EDT 2008

Jordan <jordanrastrick at gmail.com> writes:

> I just think Explicit is better than Implicit is taken seriously by
> a large segment the Python community as a guiding principle

Indeed it is. However, it has to compete with all the other principles
in the Zen of Python, which have equal status.

> and overall its influence does more harm than good.

Thanks for your opinion. I disagree strongly: I think its influence is
nicely balanced by the other important principles that are also
followed.

--
 \      “The way to build large Python applications is to componentize |
  `\             and loosely-couple the hell out of everything.” —Aahz |