ActiveState Code: the new Python Cookbook site

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Fri Jul 11 13:41:00 EDT 2008

Peter Otten wrote:
> Thin Myrna wrote:
>
>> The old cookbook offered choices by category. Did you drop that feature?
>
> Looks like categories have become tags:
>
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/tags/

Yes, that is correct. I should document the tag names to category
mapping that I've used (mostly a straightforward "remove spaces and
capitalization" thing).

My hope is that allowing free form tagging and (importantly) multiple
tags will allow for more interesting and useful grouping.

However, there is value in there being good suggestions of common tags
when adding tags. I need to add that to the recipe add form:

	http://code.activestate.com/recipes/add/

Trent

--
Trent Mick