Build tool for Python

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jul 30 09:07:06 EDT 2008

Hussein B  <hubaghdadi at gmail.com> wrote:
>Apache Ant is the de facto building tool for Java (whether JSE, JEE
>and JME) application.
>With Ant you can do what ever you want: [ ... ]

... bash your head against your desk for hours trying to make sense
of its classloader system, struggle for days on end trying to make
it understand building anything outside the Java world, write piles
of tedious and often boilerplate XML, wonder what happened to javac's
ability to resolve dependencies to make this necessary ...

Put it like this, my experience has lead me to regard Ant as a
retrograde step compared to make. I can't understand why anyone
would want to inflict such a thing on a Python project.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke