Attack a sacred Python Cow

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 21:32:09 EDT 2008

On Jul 28, 5:44 pm, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-s... at benfinney.id.au>
wrote:
> Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> writes:
> > Boy, I don't know who you think you're talking to, but you're
> > obviously out of luck here. I'm 41, married, our son is now a
> > teenager, I have an happy social life, quite a lot of work, and no
> > time to waste in the streets. And FWIW, name-calling won't buy you
> > much here.
>
> It has, at least, long ago bought him a place in my kill-file. Seeing
> your side of the conversation, I can only confirm that decision as
> correct.

Now there's a classic reply from another comp.lang.python regular. All
he needs is one side of the conversation to know what's going on!

I'd really like to know where both of you guys find the time to spend
here, because unless you type extremely fast, I figure it's about
10-20 hours per week every week. Sorry, but if you also have "quite a
lot of work," I don't believe that leaves much time for a "happy
social life."

Each and every time I get involved in an extended discussion about
Python here, I end up realizing that I've wasted a lot of time trying
to reason with unreasonable people who are infatuated with Python and
incapable of recognizing any deficiencies.

I will thank you for one thing. By taking your best shot at my
suggestion and coming up with nothing significant or relevant, you
have given me confidence to go ahead with a PEP. I may just do it. If
it is rejected, then so be it. Unlike you, they will have to give me a
valid reason to reject it.