I love "shelf" BUT

Sera Jackson q2w3qw14 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 23:44:05 EDT 2008

On Jul 28, 6:25 am, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 12:46 pm, Sera Jackson <q2w3q... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ok, I know its an over discussed topic. Althought I understand why it
> > is there I cant constantly see it in my argument list in parenthesis.
>
> > can someone give me an insight of the cons of a syntax like this:
> > class Class:
> >     def self.method(arguments):
> >         etc, etc
>
> > In other words def method(self, arg1, arg2 ,argN) becomes->  def
> > self.method(arg1, arg2 ,argN)
>
> Did you bother to check the group? You would've noticed it's being
> discussed -right now-:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/a5f...
>
> And this -exact- suggestion has been turned down by Guido:http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-3000/2006-April/000793.html

alex thank you very much!

I searched excessively python mailing list but unforurtunately I was
using <site:mail.python.org "def self method"> as query and I missed
it, although I knew it should had been there. I mostly found threads
insisting on a complete removal...

And I sincerely apologise for missing the discussion here, I was tired
digging python old mailing list. :D.

Lot of thanks again, that's what I wanted to find, arguments against
it, I was aware I wan not speaking of sth new.