os.symlink()

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Jul 28 10:18:03 EDT 2008

On 2008-07-28, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>From `pydoc os`:
>
>     symlink(...)
>         symlink(src, dst)
>
>         Create a symbolic link pointing to src named dst.
>

> Is there any reason why this is so deliberately confusing? Why is the
> target of the symlink, the think where it points *to*, called the
> `src`? It seems to me that the names of the parameters should be
> reversed.

I never looked at the names of the parameters.  I just know
that they're in the same order as they are when you do "ln -s"
at a shell prompt.  It's like you're copying a file (except the
new one isn't really a copy, it's a link).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! PEGGY FLEMMING is
                                  at               stealing BASKET BALLS to