curses problem

Dan Stromberg dstromberglists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:55:06 EDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:28:24 +0200, Dariusz Malec wrote:

> forgot to post the code. Server does not allow to post attachments. The
> code is here http://www.kos.wsiz.rzeszow.pl/~dmalec/src.zip

You might google about SIGWINCH and see where that gets you.

Of course, to my great disappointment, python programs that use signals
become quite a bit more complex than they should because you have to
restart interrupted system calls explicitly.

Please, someone fix this!  IMO, python functions and methods that could
be be interrupted by a signal should restart themselves by default, and
have an option to allow them to require themselves to be interrupted.

Many Kernel programmers have negative perspectives on application
programmers who don't bother this; python seems to have a significant
culture of ignoring the issue.

This makes me sad.  I love python.  I want it to do better.