variable expansion with sqlite

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Jul 30 09:24:16 EDT 2008

Gerhard Häring wrote:
> My code would probably look very similar. Btw you don't need to use
> list() on an iterable to pass to executemany(). pysqlite's executemany()
> accepts anything iterable (so generators work fine, too).

Thanks for that. My finger-memory told me to do that, possibly
because some *other* dbapi interface only accepts lists. Can't
quite remember. I'm usually all in favour of non-crystallised
iterators.

> Also, with SQLite you can just skip data type definitions like
> VARCHAR(200). They're ignored anyway.

Heh. Once again, finger memory forced me to put *something*
in there. I've been developing Enterprise databases for too
long :)

TJG