maximum value in a column of file

maurizio M.Busetto at isac.cnr.it
Wed Jul 23 06:20:06 EDT 2008

thank you for your answer
actually i've to do some statistics (maximum,minimum,mean,standard
deviation,....) of a file of data in which each column is a particular
type of data. (the file is a tab separated value).
I was trying to do this by using python (usually i work with fortran or
bash, but i'm learning python), that the reason why i tried to use numpy.