Website Creation using Python

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Mon Jul 21 23:52:50 EDT 2008

Amie wrote:
> Afternoon,
>
> I would like some help on how to create a website using the python
> programming language.
> I've tried using enamel, but had some problems because I could not
> create html tables and intergrating it with python, like you use it
> when coding in php.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Python is not PHP.  Page generation is done differently.  You might take a look
at Django's web framework:

http://www.djangoproject.com/

or

http://pylonshq.com/

WARNING - Python web frameworks are MUCH more powerful than just using PHP to
place some dynamic content on a web page.  For many people, PHP will still be an
easy to implement solution if your project isn't very complex.  As the
complexity grows, the need for additional power and flexibility grows also.

-Larry