Requires a character ... !!

karthikbalaguru karthikbalaguru79 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:33:01 EDT 2008

On Jul 24, 2:20 pm, Fredrik Lundh <fred... at pythonware.com> wrote:
> karthikbalaguru wrote:
> > I am new to python . I am face few problems related with
> > python and iam trying to resolve it.
>
> > The below is the error that i get when i invoke my application by
> > giving
> > the necessary input file.
>
> > [root at localhost hello]# Analyzer hello_input
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/local/SDK/host/bin/Analyzer", line 694, in ?
> > app.dbg.readObjectInfo(elf)
> >   File "/usr/local/SDK/host/bin/debugprocessor.py", line 427, in
> > readObjectInfo
> >      self.privateProcessorDwarfTree.readProcessorDwarfTree(filename)
> >   File "/usr/local/SDK/bin/debugprocessor.py", line 314, in
> > readDwarfTree
> >     if "DW_OP_reg" in value:
> > TypeError: 'in <string>' requires character as left operand
>
> > Is this related with the version conflicts ?
> > Should i need to configure any environment variables or change some
> > source code.
>
> You should run the code on a Python version that supports the features
> your code is using.  Support for arbitrary strings on the left side of
> the "in" operator was added in Python 2.3, which was released in 2003.

Thx for that info. I understand.
The requirements state that it needs Python 2.2, But i wonder
how that program has been implemented using Python 2.3 features.
Anyhow, this has to be resolved and i need your help.

Kindly let me know a trick to make to resolve
the 'in' operator related problem by using Python 2.2.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru