numeric emulation and __pos__

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Jul 7 19:12:27 EDT 2008

Greetings, List!

I'm working on a numeric data type for measured values that will keep
track of and limit results to the number of significant digits
originally defined for the values in question.

I am doing this primarily because I enjoy playing with numbers, and also
to get some experience with unit testing.

At this point I have the __init__ portion finished, and am starting on
the various operator functions.

Questions for the group:

1) Any reason to support the less common operators?

2) What, exactly, does .__pos__() do?  An example would help, too.

Thanks for the feedback.
--
Ethan