How to package a logging.config file?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 09:25:19 EDT 2008

On Jul 14, 1:21 am, Matthew Wilson <m... at tplus1.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a package that uses the standard libraryloggingmodule
> along with a .cfg file.
>
> In my code, I uselogging.config.fileConfig('/home/matt/mypackage/matt.cfg') to load in
> theloggingconfig file.
>
> However, it seems really obvious to me that this won't work when I share
> this package with others.
>
> I can't figure out what path to use when I load my .cfg file.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Matt

Is your package a library or an application? If it's a library, you
should avoid configuring logging using a config file - this is because
logging configuration is process-wide, and if multiple libraries use
fileConfig to configure their logging, you may get unexpected results.

If it's an application, then Larry's advice is good.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip