Python / PAMIE

frankrentef frankrentef at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 11:13:26 EDT 2008

On Jul 24, 10:07 am, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> frankrentef wrote:
> > Can someone help with a PAMIE issue?  I'm new to Python / PAMIE and
> > they seem like great tools but to be honest I'm finding that no
> > hoping this will be the place.
>
> > I tried to duplicate the authors "ie.writeScript" function shown at
>
> >http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=pythonMarchettiPamie3&fromSerie...
>
> I'd rather you posted the code you've tried.
> I'm not too keen on viewing a video just to get
> hold of a piece of code, and in any case that
> would only show me what the author's done.
>
> We need to see what you've done, and what the
> traceback was. Would you mind posting some code,
> please?
>
> Thanks
>
> TJG

THNX for your response.  Based on the authors code it's very simple.

from cPAMIE import PAMIE
ie=PAMIE ()

#ie.navigate ("google.com")

#ie.linkClick
#ie.textBoxSet
#ie.writeScript

ie.navigate ('https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=us')
#ie.scriptWrite ()

ie.scriptWrite()

Below is the error I get...

 File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\cPAMIE.py", line 1837, in
scriptWrite
    nameProp = getattr(x,"nameProp")
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 500, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: <unknown>.nameProp