Web Server

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Jul 20 14:30:28 EDT 2008

misceverything at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks, Fredrik - that definitely works.  Now to get a little greedy -
> is there something along those lines that is a bit more secure (i.e.
> allows HTTPS, possibly with authentication)?  Basically something that
> you would feel more comfortable opening up to the Internet..

open up to whom?  I'm not sure I like the combination of "windows app"
and "opened up to the internet", really...

but assuming that you're aware of the issues involved, and want a
light-weight HTTP server for Windows, this one's pretty nice:

     http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/

there's also apache, of course, and a bunch of others, including several
Python solutions (more or less pre-packaged).  but the "open up" part
still sounds a bit risky.  maybe you could turn things around, and let
the application "push" data to your server instead?

</F>