Execution speed question

Suresh Pillai stochashtic at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 25 10:39:56 EDT 2008

That's a good comparison for the general question I posed.  Thanks.
Although I do believe lists are less than ideal here and a different data
structure should be used.

To be more specific to my case:
As mentioned in my original post, I also have the specific condition that
one does not know which nodes to turn ON until after all the
probabilities are calculated (lets say we take the top m for example).
In this case, the second and third will perform worse as the second one
will require a remove from the list after the fact and the third will
require another loop through the nodes to build the new list.