Attack a sacred Python Cow

Marcus.CM marcus at internetnowasp.net
Sat Jul 26 22:23:06 EDT 2008

Well after reading some of these posts on "sacred python cow" on the
"self" , i would generally feel that most programmers
who started with C++/Java would find it odd. And its true, i agree
completely there should not be a need to put "self" into every single
member function. If you were writing an application and one of your
classes adds the same variable to each of its member function you would
do away with it too.
What could be done instead is :-

1. python should hardcode the keyword "self". So whenever this keyword
is used, it would automatically implied that it is
referring to a class scope variable. This would be similar to how the
"this" keyword is used in C++.

2. Omit self from the parameter.

class Abc :
      def  DoSomething (a,b,c) :