Function References

squishywaffle at gmail.com squishywaffle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:27:14 EDT 2008

On Jul 31, 10:47 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> I take the freedom to do so as I see fit - this is usenet...

Fine, then keep beating a dead horse by replying to this thread with
things that do nobody any good. It seems like there are a lot better
way to waste time, though.

The Python/C API can get me back further without reliance on third-
party libraries than ctypes. It also isn't subject to the quirks that
ctypes is on platforms other than Windows (the target application runs
on Windows, Mac, and eventually Linux once the original distributor
has drivers for the device). I'm not even sure ctypes could load the
lib/driver the distributor packaged.

So really, I appreciate the option in ctypes, it's good stuff. But
it's not for this project.

Once again, the original question stands for anyone who has experience
with the Python/C API callbacks.