Boolean tests [was Re: Attack a sacred Python Cow]

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Jul 30 02:36:20 EDT 2008

Russ P. wrote:

> On Jul 29, 11:09 pm, Erik Max Francis <m... at alcyone.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting this sneaking suspicion that you guys are all putting us on.
>
> As I said in an earlier post, I realize that this would only work if
> there were only one copy of "empty" (as there is only one copy of
> "None"). I don't know off hand if that is feasible or not.

It's only feasible if you change what `is` means for this one bizarre
use case, which isn't a good idea.

> You reply reeks of the kind of pedantic snobbishness that makes me
> sick.

Well, if understanding what the `is` operator means is pedantic
snobbishness, then hey, go right ahead.

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM, Y!M erikmaxfrancis
   The doors of Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical.
    -- Nikos Kazantzakis