win32com.client (Howto edit Contacts in Outlook)

Bill Davy Bill at SynectixLtd.com
Fri Jul 11 04:18:12 EDT 2008

"Tim Golden" <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote in message
news:mailman.256.1215697841.20628.python-list at python.org...
> Bill Davy wrote:
>> I'm not sure OL2003 can read news.  I think perhaps some later OL can
>> (added tot he View menu, perhaps?).  So I use OL Express to read news.
>> The OL with which I wish to communicate is:
>>
>> Application name Outlook
>> Version 11.0
>> Build 8217
>> Product ID 70141-700-0350904-56905
>> Language English (United States)
>> Application Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\
>> System Language English (United Kingdom)
>> Mail Support Not Available
>> Current folder Inbox
>> Current item Not Available
>
> Where did you get to with this, Bill? I wasn't sure if no news
> was good news or whether you'd gone a different way, or
> were still trying things...
>
> TJG

Hi Tim,
Well, at 5pm last Friday I posted:
"

I kept looking and thought I was saved when I found Receipe 10.16 in the
Python Cookbook but ....

I changed the following:

                self.oOutlookApp = Dispatch("Outlook.Application")
                #self.oOutlookApp =
gencache.EnsureDispatch("Outlook.Application")

Because gencache failed and I hade run makepy last week (I only get one day
a week to look at this).

Then the following failed because (as I found) olFolderContacts is not in
any of constants' dictionaries.

    ofContacts = onMAPI.GetDefaultFolder(constants.olFolderContacts)

So, sadly, I shall have to put this aside for another week and get on with
some work.  Any thoughts would be gratefully accepted.

TIA,
   Bill
"

and since then have been busy with work, and my other job, and the garden.
Now I am back looking at this (and using WInUSB to talk to a Maxim 3421E etc
etc but that's another story).  So any help today will be much appreciated.
Rgds,
   Bill