Bypassing WebFilter security

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Fri Jul 11 01:36:19 EDT 2008

pranav wrote:
> I am working in an organization, which is using a very strict
> webcontent filter management suite. Due to this i am unable to
> download any exe file, or surf web (even the necessary downloads from
> sourceforgenet are blocked). I was wondering, if python could be of
> any help. Say i have a python script, and i pass the URL of
> downloadable file, and it just downloads the file for me.

Nice try. Can I talk to your employer for a minute? :)

Honestly, the language doesn't make any difference here, and there isn't much
you can do unless you control both sides, i.e. the server and the client. But
I would suggest you actually talk to your employer yourself to see if there's
an official way to get what you want.

Stefan