Best Python packages?

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:16:24 EDT 2008

Although the standard library in Python is great, there are
undoubtedly some great packages available from 3rd parties, and I've
encountered a few almost by accident. However, I don't know how a user
would become aware of many of these. http://pypi.python.org/pypi/
presumably lists most of the decent ones, but there's a lot there and
little indication as to quality or popularity - great if you know
exactly what you need, but not so great for just browsing. I'd love to
have some way of finding out what hidden gems are out there in the
Python world which could make my development a lot easier. Any
suggestions?

--
Ben Sizer